Bhavani Shankar Mandir began its operations in September 2007. We are a Religious and Cultural Institution that provides learning opportunities for people from all walks of life to embrace.
Bhavani Shankar Mandir is a Federal non-profit Organization, solely dedicated for the propagation and promotion of Satya Sanatan Dharma its values and Culture.
At BSM our motto is “Simple, yet Significant”
We believe that the very basic principles of life should be understood first and foremost, in order to achieve or understand higher values. We are presenting Hindu Dharma and its Culture in its most “Simple yet Significant” form.
In May 2007, Pt. Hardat Ashwar, Priest and Founder of Bhavani Shankar Mandir, presented to the Public an outline of some of the activities BSM would be introducing to address any gaps and re-enforce all attempts to promote Hindu Dharma, all of which are listed as our objectives. We are happy to report that we are successfully executing them.
We give significant attention to our Children. They are the future leaders.
Our Wednesday evening classes is a great success. We afford the opportunity of learning, to all. Some Children, who were never exposed to Hindu Culture are now able to explain the basic values of Hinduism and in some cases, teach their parents. Included in our curriculum are; Singing, poetry, Scripture studies, Public Speaking and Hindi.
Teaching Hindi is a major part of our curriculum. As of now, the Children are able to read, write and speak Hindi at a relatively good level. Their enthusiasm and dedication to their learning is the greatest encouragement for us.
We are very proud to have joined forces with the Hindu Federation of Canada, an organization dedicated towards the preservations of Dharma at a more National level.
Like any Religious and Cultural Institution, we strive to promote unity and harmony. We intend to join forces with all Institutions who are willing to work together in one common cause.
Bhavani Shankar will continue to operate for its cause, and intend to expand its operations to accommodate many others. At this point, we are located in 4,200 sq ft building. We are already began expansion initiatives.
- To foster inter-religious harmony, mutual understanding and respect for religious views of others and promote universal brotherhood.
- To provide facilities to engage in Hindu religious and cultural activities.
- To provide moral and spiritual support to the needy.
- To print and publish books, leaflets etc to promote the activities of the Hindu Federation of Canada.
- To function as an information source for schools, general community concerning Hindu philosophy, culture and religion.
- To promote an understanding of the teachings, philosophy and cultural of Hinduism.
- To organise functions, festivals etc promoting Hindu culture and religion to foster cooperation among participating organisations.
- To act as a non-political, non-sectarian, non-profit organisation to promote legitimate social, cultural, educational and religious needs of Hindus in Canada.
- To present a unified Hindu viewpoint on various current social issues relevant to the Canadian multicultural society at conferences and in submissions to government institutions.
- Provide simple scriptural readings to address the Universality of Religion and Culture.
- Create awareness of Daily Hindu Practices by presenting scriptural quotations such as the five Daily rituals of a Hindu.
- Address common challenges such as:
- Parent Child relationship. (Communication)
- Peer pressure from school friends.
- Explain meaning of Hindu symbols and rituals.(WHY)
- Create weekly educational question and answer session for Kids in a fun and friendly environment.
- Arrange seminars, conventions, conferences etc to promote better understanding of Hindu culture and religion.